Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Wednesday 4th January 2006
Thursday January 12th, 2006
By Mike Shaver
Attending remotely: shaver, bc, dria, vlad, stuart, bienvenu, dmose,
justdave, josh, bsmedberg, blizzard, polvi, mrbkap, axel, hecker.
- 1.5 update coming
- Memory leaks a specific concern, plus usual security + stability fixes
- Freeze next week, release end of Jan
- Backlog of security issues we need to address
- Big year, with Fx 2 and Fx 3 both underway
- Fx2 first alpha in Feb, likely
- 1.0.8 will have to go out, likely out between 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
- 1.0.x branch supported for 6 months from Nov release of 1.5
- Launched the second half of Firefox Flicks, targeting people with video experience, etc.
- Web site up, press cycle started, outreach
- Asa: setting up forum for collaborators, will watch it as one gauge of progress.
- Asa: also school outreach
- Should have first sense of progress at the end of Jan
- Web updates this month: Thunderbird launch and reorg to account for mozillafoundation.org.
- Foundation sponsoring Joey Minta to attend CalConnect meeting this month
- 1.5 out the door next week
- rc2 out just before holidays, feedback positive, full steam ahead
Online Software Testing Course
- DaveL knows of an online software testing course
- It uses Mozilla as it is
- Would like to see some involvement from corp, also looking to spend some of his time on it
- Looking for feedback on online courses and "facilitated groups"
- shaver is going to be coming to people looking for detail on work items required
- cairo, XULRunner data largely there
Firefox 2 Process
- The wiki is the working document, it'll be refined as we go
- Fx2a1 will not be feature complete
- We are managing branch co-development by having a document and some tools; we are working on more (server-side) tools
- dmose is going to land calendar stuff on the branch, not part of the build, using cross-commit tools
Got a response? TalkBack!