Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 14th March 2005
Monday March 21st, 2005
By Gervase Markham
Present: chase, mscott, cbeard, asa, chofmann, sarah, dbaron, raphael,
justdave, myk, dan veditz, jst, deb, gerv, marcia.
- 1.8beta2 will be a Aviary release; in an alpha state
- Firefox 1.1 technology preview, based on Gecko 1.8 beta 2
- Plan is to announce the update to the roadmap today.
- Looking at doing Mozilla Suite 1.7.6, Tbird 1.0.2 and FF 1.0.2
- Need to dig through the rest of the nominations in order to get a 1.1 full list of things to be done
- Asa spent a chunk a time on IRC with the emerging leadership and will continue to act as liason
- Work out how to leverage each other, that is going well
- Core team there is all satisifed and happy with the current arrangement
- Which future Firefox branches are going to be the long-lived ones?
- We haven't had that discussion yet
- Asa's done research on previous awards (2nd anniversary)
- Both categories and nominations will be community efforts
- Announce category nomination process next week
- Launched last week
- Chinese guy now at Sun, used to be a Java security person (Li Gong)
- Not a legal organisation, but an organisation affiliated with an institution (much easier to set up)
- Affiliated with Chinese Academy of Sciences (home of Red Flag Linux)
- 3 people — Red Flag guy, Mitchell, Li Gong
- Official site: http://www.mozilla.org.cn/
Got a response? TalkBack!