Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 24th January 2005
Thursday February 3rd, 2005
By Gervase Markham
Present: dbaron, mitchell, mscott, cbeard, asa, myk, marcia, chofmann,
gerv, chase, scc, justdave.
- 3 weeks left in beta including the freeze
- Want to stay locked down through beta to a branching point for Gecko 1.8 (as normal)
- There will be Seamonkey, Firefox and Thunderbird releases from this branch
- Want to use a start page redirect to drive 1.8a1-1.8a5 people up to 1.8a6.
- Stability and security update on Aviary 1.0/Mozilla 1.7 branch for Seamonkey and Firefox
- Haven't yet nailed down the exact fixes we want
- There's a dependency on some u.m.o. work — it needs to be able to support the load
- Meeting tomorrow 4pm to look at ben's plan and see if three weeks is enough time before we UI freeze
- Release has expanded in scope from the original plan; was a trunk sync, now has features
- Extension community needs time to rev
- l10n community also needs time
Broken Website Tool
- Robert has landed the XUL half of website tool
- Is currently landing the server component
- Needs a review and security audit
- Directories: extensions/reporter and tools/reporter (PHP)
- Currently 40-50% of our traffic is coming from the plugin service
Got a response? TalkBack!