Mozilla Foundation looking for Build and Release Engineer
Wednesday August 11th, 2004
By Chris Hofmann
All candidates should have a strong understanding and appreciation of good software development processes, and experience with working on large development teams. You will be responsible for maintenance and enhancements to our automated tinderbox build, release and deployment systems. You will be working to improve our tools for building, unit testing, regression testing, and problem isolation of build, packaging and product problems. Here's an excellent opportunity for you to use your talents to help us develop, test, and maintain quality products that improve the web experience for millions of users.
- BS in Computer Science or other technical field or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5+ years experience in software engineering/release engineering/software development.
- Cross platform knowledge of Windows/Linux/Mac operating systems and development environments for each of these OSes.
- Knowledge of C++, Perl, and other scripting languages.
- Strong familiarity with software
configuration management systems and source code version control
- General knowledge of Apache server administration, Tomcat, general system administration and installer technologies a plus.
- Ability to work well with developers, test engineers, and non-engineering personnel.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
If you are interested in this position please contact email@example.com
Got a response? TalkBack!