Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 26th July 2004
Wednesday July 28th, 2004
By Gervase Markham
Present: asa, chofmann, ben, marcia, gerv, johnny, myk, bart, mitchell, bienvenu.
Firefox 1.0 RC1
- 45 to 50 PR1 stoppers
- jst working on automatic plugin selection system to replace Netscape plugin downloader
- Doron is working on the download UI
- Branch has own bonsai and LXR
- Getting daily smoketests for all platforms on the branch right now
- Passed all basic functional tests (250) a couple of weeks ago
- Asa and marcia doing sporadic trunk testing
- Alpha 3 means more padding to avoid Firefox release and Mozilla releases coinciding
- Promoting it at OSCON and Linux World
- Need to co-ordinate with Google about food etc.
PSM Ownership mail
- chofmann to make sure something happens
System for reporting broken sites
- We have a volunteer and a design
- Hope to have it in time for 1.0 release
- Chrome integration not a requirement
- Separate from Talkback
- Robert Accettura working on some new code to do this
- Is Bugzilla actually a better tool to use here?
- Asa to organise meeting to discuss
User feedback mechanism for 1.0
- Asa to talk to Blake to try and get some of the marketing volunteers on this
- Same as Netscape's — put all feedback in a newsgroup for browsing
- Blake has been hired by the Foundation for the summer
Got a response? TalkBack!