Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 19th July 2004
Monday July 26th, 2004
By Gervase Markham
Present: gerv, asa, dbaron, jst, marcia, mitchell, ben.
- An alpha 3 will be inserted between alpha 2 and beta to hopefully avoid being stretched too thin with 1.8 and aviary 1.0.
- drivers will post roadmap updates soon.
- Trunk is going at its own pace while we focus on the branch; best to keep calling releases alpha rather than beta.
- One complaint was instability at blogger.com. This looks like it has been worked around by the blogger folks.
- Asa investigating with Blogger folks
- Watching feedback on 1.8a2 plugins stuff to see if it can go on the branch
Firefox 1.0 RC1 and Thunderbird 0.8
- As more Firefox end users find Bugzilla, we're getting more incomplete bug reports.
- Need a better mechanism for reporting broken sites, using an aggregation mechanism
- Asa to mail Gerv/caillon and/or blog about this
- Try and find a volunteer to write it
- 100+ can fit in the facility
- Ideas for further plugging:
- Web developers?
- Plugin mailing list
- Check for other conferences
- 3 pieces, all started already
- Traditional marketing (rafael) — plans, documents, people available
- PR — sparkpr.com (ex-Netscapers). PR strategy doc in the next week
- Community marketing already underway. First two weekly campaigns (cnet reviews and "for the record" press effort) already a big success.
Got a response? TalkBack!