Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 17th May 2004
Friday June 4th, 2004
By Gervase Markham
Present: mitchell, gerv, chofmann, ben, mscott, asa, jst, myk, leaf, bart.
Mozilla 1.7 final
- RC2 wrapped up last Friday, but held off until this morning due to a Talkback issues
- Looking for an RC3 (which should become final) in the next 10 days or so
- Buglist of 20 items, half have good traction or patches
- We now have Mac talkback; hope that'll reveal anything lurking there
- No surprises so far from RC2 feedback
- Almost done with extension manager
- Cut a branch for aviary (FB/TB) from 1.7 branch at the weekend
- Still looking at end of 1st week of June for 0.9
- Looking at June 7th for CD of 1.7 final + languages, Firefox 0.9 and Thunderbird 0.7 or perhaps 0.6
- Might even get Bugzilla 2.18...
- Trying to hit the next Firefox release, in order to pick up Talkback support
- Feature work: global POP inbox, UI for multiple identities
- Roadmap update this week (hopefully) to incorporate new ideas
- Beta release any day now
- Asa to work with pinkerton to get it pushed and promoted
- We've been asked about incorporating this in our tree, as it is based on Mozilla Composer
- Asa's doing the first piece of work on this
- "Project" or "product"? Lots of resources needed to make a product...
- No-one's stepped up to offer QA/promotion resource, so start it as a project
- People who are using the suite use Composer; so we need a story
- Additional complexities discovered; it's been postponed
- Afraid about sacrifice of usability in favour of perfect organisation
- Asa's got more work to do
Got a response? TalkBack!