Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 29th March 2004
Sunday April 4th, 2004
By Gervase Markham
Present: scc, gerv, chofmann, asa, mitchell, blizzard, leaf, bienvenu, bart, myk, jst, peterv.
Mozilla 1.7 final
- We are frozen.
- The branch schedule is being worked out by drivers
- Asa's plan: slip branching out a week, do 1 month of development on branch with 2-weekly release candidates
- Motivation: 1.7 is the next long-lived milestone branch (1 year after 1.4)
- There are a number of people who want to do significant releases sooner than 1.8
- To get that, we need more time on the trunk to get a hold on stability, respond to talkback data, clean up Bugzilla
- That would mean branching next Friday instead of this Friday.
- Target release in mid-May instead of mid-April
- Proposal sent to drivers. Will be pushed to newsgroups and Mozillazine as a plan as soon as drivers sign off on it.
- Once on branch, use extra time to continue tackling stability, dataloss, migration (from 1.6, 1.4).
- We think this means that the schedule slips by about a month.
- Good data in from the beta
- Talkback is now in Linux Firefox nightly builds
- Leaf has Windows automation on Seamonkey - all we need is to get the installer scripts to install the Talkback component
- Linux shouldn't be far behind. Should have nightlies tomorrow.
- We've contracted jpatel to work on Talkback data reporting and analysis.
- We've got bug fixes in for 7/20 topcrashers from 1.7 beta.
- Asa is organising a community QA crash bug triage effort this week.
- Focussed effort in evangelism and topsites for 1.7
- Get a sanity check on where we are — bclary to help.
- We are using the Alexa list, which they publish.
- There is a top100 keyword we'll revive.
- Should we publish a list of topsites we don't work with?
- One major piece of feature work left to do — extension manager UI
- Current plan calls for a release in 1st week of May; this may change if Mozilla schedule changes.
- Coming off the 1.7 branch, probably on the far side of the 1.7 release.
- 0.9 will be feature complete; rock-solid stability is the next target.
- All features in except Pinstripe theme for OS X
- Hopefully landing tomorrow
- Release scheduled for mid-April
- Again, plan to ship from 1.7 branch, pre-1.7
- Waiting for a little more stability
- Board meeting on Wednesday
- Firefox t-shirts — pre-orders up tonight!
- Firefox polos and t-shirts, stuffed Firefoxes (!), Mozilla polos and t-shirts.
Got a response? TalkBack!