Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Tuesday 20th January 2004
Monday January 26th, 2004
By Gervase Markham
Present: asa, dbaron, mscott, jst, chofmann, myk, ben, mitchell, marcia, bart, brendan
[Staff meeting delayed by one day due to MLK Day]
1.6 feedback review
- Asa: so far so good, nothing catastophic.
- Overall, the feedback at slashdot, mozillazine, blogs been very positive.
- NTLM (cross platform) is the big feature
- Shipped Talkback with Windows.
- Leaf working on Talkback on other platforms for 1.7a
- Leaf has made a disk image — includes 1.6 and Firebird 0.7
- Asa testing today to make sure that all installs work
- that should be a go for the CD
- No mac 0.8 firebird branch birds — needs investigation
- Shipping on CD now is the zip file, advantage is that is the installer
- Ben will do a build of the Mac one when the meeting is done
1.7 alpha update
- Drivers met last week and discussed alpha schedule
- Slip all future releases by three weeks, because of the 1 week delay in branching and 2 weeks holiday delay
- Asa has updated the roadmap, and posted to tinderbox and seamonkey newsgroup
- Various other schedule tweaks to try and match reality
- Padded to branch on Friday and ship a week and a half later
- mitchell wondered if our scheduling was realistic
- chofmann is confident we'll ship the next one on time
More future milestones in Bugzilla
- chofmann says go up to 1.9
- Asa will do it
- We should keep to having at least three milestones out. Asa to handle.
- dbaron suggested the last one should be in alpha
- Myk reports that there will be a Bugzilla upgrade this Sunday.
Got a response? TalkBack!