Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 12th January 2004
Monday January 19th, 2004
By Gervase Markham
Present: dbaron, asa, chofmann, gerv, leaf, brendan, mitchell, bart,
myk, scc, ben
- Brendan has one checkin, then we are ready to go
- Need to get Talkback set up
- Aiming for a release on Thursday
- Also hoping to cut CDs on Thursday
Mozilla Firebird 0.8
- It would be good to ship > 0.7 on CD; get installer
- But it may not make it by Thursday
- Perhaps update CD in a month with 0.8 and Thunderbird 0.5
- Gecko on branch is a big buggy; merge some Gecko fixes from trunk?
Thunderbird update for CD
- Is it worth putting the latest build on there instead of 0.4?
- Release overhead too big; we should ship a proper build
- The goal was to do 0.5 in 1.6 timeframe, but not enough new stuff
- So 0.4 is going on the CD; 0.5 coming whenever
- Alpha planning meeting on Friday
- We want to hold alpha until Talkback is working on MF servers
CVS over SSH
- chofmann schedule meeting this week to get agenda outline
- IBM are playing it low-key
- So we aren't going
- Getting more snail mail from users in the past few days
- Some are even support requests!
- We redirect to e.g. MozillaZine.
- Grad student from San Jose doing a security project on profile data
Got a response? TalkBack!