Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 8th December 2003
Saturday December 13th, 2003
By Gervase Markham
Present: mitchell, scc, gerv, myk, dbaron, jst, ben, asa, bart, chofmann, blizzard.
CVS over SSH update
- scc still trying to get in touch with SourceForge
- This doesn't seem too hard to do
- May just write docs and go ahead
1.6 beta update
- We were all ready to go on Thursday, but...
- Hit a problem with Linux build machine, build not working on RH 8
- Leaf is sick and so can't fix it
- Current build is RH9 only, which we can't ship
- Drivers no longer confident about a final release before Christmas, but still shooting for 22nd or 23rd.
- Talkback is still in the works
- Shiva was here last Friday doing a test installation
- We may not be quite there on licensing yet
- We need another piece of hardware; myk is getting quotes
- Hope to have the hardware by the end of the week
Mozilla Firebird 0.8 update
- The plan is for 0.8 to go out before Christmas whatever
- Ben is away for a couple of weeks over Christmas
Can we streamline the release process?
- There are four "leaf" tasks — tag, tarballs, builds and stage
- These take the time, along with assembling docs and getting the final fixes
- This stuff is hard to delegate
- We don't ship standard builds; they have to be repackaged, installers repointed etc.
- Do we need to get a 1.6 start page done?
- Quarterly/monthly IRC meetings for l10n (blizzard, bart)
- What is our end goal for internationalization?
- Goal: 5 or 6 languages we ship pretty regularly, of reasonable to good quality
- Start incrementally
- Agreed: translations need to be in CVS; too separated from release process
- chofmann to write a message to l10n newsgroup:
- Tell people how to nominate bugs to drivers
- Mention monthly IRC chat, hosted by chofmann (gerv query: what time to have this? Hard to pick one which is good for everyone, because of timezone issues)
- If you have a localised version ready 1 week after 1.6, let us know now (or then) and we'll try and get it on the CD.
- There will be a string freeze after beta — it's a done deal
- We want your localisation by 1 week after our planned release date (But CD gets burned 2 days before we release)
- We need a simple post-freeze string change process — Bugzilla keyword, post to newsgroup etc.
- Adding things to sidebar: localisation yes, ports builds no
- We need a publicised website-drivers alias for website issues
- Delayed until after the holidays
- Too close to the 1.6 beta/final cycle
Meeting on 22nd or 29th?
- Yes to 22nd, no to 29th
- Gerv on vacation 23rd to 2nd (but probably will have email)
- blizzard on vacation from 24th to 2nd
Got a response? TalkBack!