Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 17th November 2003
Sunday November 23rd, 2003
By Gervase Markham
Present: leaf, myk, brendan, mitchell, bart, asa, dbaron, blizzard, ben, scott, scc, gerv.
- We freeze on Tuesday night for 1.6 beta.
- Asa will be posting regular release updates to n.p.m.seamonkey starting this week.
- Drivers will be tweaking the lengths of the freezes to reflect something closer to the experience of the last few milestones.
- 1.6 beta may be accompanied by Thunderbird 0.4
- Original idea was a second 1.5 CD with language packs
- Now want to get localised versions for 1.6 final
- blizzard is working on an auto-localisation tool
- Need to figure out which languages we care about
- Need to determine whether we will ship available language packs on the original release CD or on an update a few days/weeks later.
- Do we ship full builds or just language packs? Leaning towards packs rather than builds.
- Technical maintenance and development requires some time
- dbaron might spend three hours on the CSS
- myk could work on back-end scripting and automation
CVS over SSH
- Worth looking into again, after the Linux incident
- Sourceforge do it; talk to someone there
- roc would know how hard it is to use once it's set up
- scc will try and sort this out
Got a response? TalkBack!