Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 18th August 2003
Sunday August 24th, 2003
Present: gerv, myk, seth, asa, chofmann, scc. (mitchell, blizzard, brendan on vacation.)
- mscott and chofmann hired last Monday.
- Not 501c3 yet
- We chose meer.net for colo for the new servers.
1.5 beta update
- One bug outstanding (GDI issue)
- After release, about two more weeks on the trunk
- Branch for final with 5-12 bugs left.
- Not scheduled to branch until August 29th.
Mozilla Firebird 0.7 update
- There is a list of things that need to be implemented to get it to replace Seamonkey. See Bugzilla targetted bugs.
- scott has been working on adding Send Page/Send Link etc.
- Toolkit forking/reorg is 95% done (pierre chanial).
- 0.7 from the 1.5 final branch.
Thunderbird 0.2 update
- Thunderbird 0.2 in a couple of weeks, max.
- mscott is raring to go.
- There is some effort to sync up the releases of FB and TB.
- We want to keep this going.
- We still have access to current reports.
- There isn't yet an open-source alternative. :-(
New test matrix
- Asa is working on a test matrix for shipping milestones.
- Currently 3 sets of docs — smoketest list, test plans, test cases.
- He is building a new master list of all tests.
- Eventually there'll be an automated tool.
1.4 branch (1.4.1)
- 1.4's focus is the fix for Windows installer crashes, and the GDI leaks.
- Windows installer crashes are fixed on the branch.
- GDI thing fixed, maybe — still looking into this.
- We've also taken other fixes meantime.
- Also making changes to make 1.5 more user-friendly (e.g. search plugins.)
Got a response? TalkBack!