Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 14th July 2003
Monday July 21st, 2003
Present: asa, gerv, dawn, dmose, blizzard, brendan, myk, scc, seth, mitchell (at end)
- As soon as Asa has tested builds — RSN
Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1
- Working to align Mozilla Firebird releases with Mozilla releases. Asa talking with Ben and others.
- Come from the trunk at the 1.5alpha branch point, so without the big work
- Need to start selling it as a technology preview
- It'll take a year to get something shippable to end users (brendan)
- Depends on hyatt's and ben's time
- We are Going public RSN
- Non-profit, 501c3 incorp. in Calif., Mozilla Foundation
- We get:
- mozilla.org, com, biz, info.
- NPLed code will be licensed to the Foundation under the MPL
- Data (Bugzilla, CVS, etc.)
- Other IP
- Tinderbox machines
- Brian Behlendorf (Apache) will be on the original board
- We need a donate button
- New front page for Tuesday (end user focus, lighter look; Ben G, Asa and Brendan did that)
- It will be sent out today for review
- Mitch K is chairman of the board, Mitchell is President, Brendan is Secretary.
- Brendan is drafting a newsgroup post to go out before the wire services get the press release
Got a response? TalkBack!