Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 2nd June 2003
by GERVASE MARKHAM |
Present: brendan, seth, asa, mitchell, myk, dmose, blizzard, scc, endico, gerv.
Doug's XPCOM book
1.4 final update
- We're waiting to hear back from Doug and Ian on how loudly they want to splash it depending on what they are doing to make money off it.
- Asa has reviewed feedback from rc1 and is incorporating it in the planning process.
- rc2 is going to happen, not sure yet whether it'll turn into final or if we'll do an rc3.
- Problem areas in rc1 include reports of catastrophic failures (f.e. lost profiles), but none have been verified yet.
- Lots of positive comments about new features as well as complaints about new features not being as complete and polished (as usual).
- After 1.4final, Seamonkey->Mozilla Firebird transition efforts will get underway, including tinderbox changes and eventually Bugzilla changes (by 1.5beta at the latest).
- There's an issue about Mozilla Firebird and Thunderbird being on separate release schedules.
- Ideally we will have simultaneous Mozilla 1.5beta, Firebird 0.8, and Thunderbird 0.1 releases.
- No recent Mac Thunderbird builds.
Got a response? TalkBack!