Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 19th May 2003
by GERVASE MARKHAM |
Present: scott, dmose, mitchell, myk, asa, dawn.
Mozilla Firebird 0.6 feedback
- Still too many bugs (35) to branch
- Asa is working with apps and drivers to get the list down
- Guesstimate of branch date: middle of next week
Cooperation with Ports Maintainers
- Mozilla Firebird 0.6 was well received
- Lots of people blogging that they'll switch from Opera and IE
- Overall 0.6 better received and more widely reported on than 0.5
Security fixes for the 1.0 branch
- super-reviewers discussed better communication with port maintainers
- Everyone agrees that more communication is better and there should be places to post alerts (tinderbox, mozillazine, n.p.m.announce)
- add owners to ports owners pages
- super-reviewers also said they should be made aware of code that might break ports and should require patch authors to announce changes.
- super-reviewers are the ones that might be able to identify breaking changes and could instruct patch authors to communicate with ports owners before landing.
- This is not a change in policy about the status of ports
CVS account disabling
- Some companies have long term commitments to the 1.0 branch
- They therefore care about security fixes, but someone needs to do the work
- We said we would maintain 1.0 branch for a year, and new fixes are harder and harder to backport
- module owner will identify the fixes that it's sensible to backport
- resources needed
- Dawn will do another round of dead CVS account disabling
- Myk will enable web site CVS access for remaining people
Got a response? TalkBack!