Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Monday 5th May 2003
by GERVASE MARKHAM |
Present: mitchell, myk, scc, gerv, blizzard, dmose, asa, brendan, marcia, sspitzer.
- Sitting on the staging servers still
- Change of plan from last week; now we are doing at the same time as 1.4 beta
- This is to give downloaders the option to get the most appropriate release and not regret having downloaded 1.3.1 when 1.4b was close at hand.
- 5 blocking bugs left, 4 of which have patches being reviewed
- Our builds seem pretty good
- Asa hopes to have this finished up by Wednesday
Mozilla Firebird transition
- May 16th is the official branch date
- We're not terrribly concerned about hitting that exact date because there isn't a lot of 1.5a pressure. We're make the branching call when we're happy that we've gotten enough trunk nightly build testing on the late-breaking 1.4 changes.
- We will probably do release candidates like we did for the 1.0 release. We'll certainly do at least one.
- Holding on the trunk as long as we can, then ship off the branch
- The longer we hold, the longer we delay the transition to Mozilla Firebird and Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Potential for enormous confusion in Bugzilla and on Tinderbox
- Do we need to make the Bugzilla changes by the time we open for 1.5?
- We certainly need to make them by the time we ship 1.4 final
- We need to educate 1.4 downloaders and 1.5 nightly downloaders
- The ideal point for making the Bugzilla changes is the few days of slowdown before the 1.4 release
- Proposed new Bugzilla Products: Core Services, Seamonkey Navigator, Seamonkey Messenger, Mozilla Browser, Mozilla Mail, Camino, etc...
- Need custom templates for Bugzilla to make sure bugs get filed in the right place
Mozilla Firebird 0.6
- Asa to write up a proposal for the short-term and long-term Bugzilla naming plan
- A few more "Phoenix" things to rename
- Released RSN
Got a response? TalkBack!