Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Wednesday 12th March 2003
by GERVASE MARKHAM |
Present: Asa, Mitchell, Gerv, Dan, Seth, Myk.
- Will probably need to do a 1.3.1 — XPInstall for Mac doesn't exist in 1.3 (beta or final) — been broken for a long time.
- Sean and Seth have identified the areas of concern. We speculate a couple of weeks before a potential 1.3.1. The XPInstall issue could be fixed sooner.
- There's a leak in mail/news which hits some people and not others.
Change of compiler and OS on Linux
- We need to make sure people know to land risky work early, otherwise it won't get in.
- Asa/drivers to publicise the plan as soon as 1.3 is out of the way.
- dmose and others would like to make this change in 1.4 alpha.
- Need to decide exactly what to change to.
- dmose says 7.1, cls/bbaetz/granrose says 7.3.
- Run a poll at MozillaZine to find out RH version?
- Or see talkback reports for OS breakdown.
Publicising 1.4 plans
- From 5-5-3 split in weeks (alpha-beta-final) to 6-4-3. More heavy lifting time in alpha, so we can be more strict for beta.
Distributing Mozilla to developing countries on CD
- Asa to send holding mail to the guy who enquired
- Asa to post to Seamonkey
"Why use Mozilla" docs from MozillaU
- Gerv to reply saying that the license gives you the right to do this.
- If you are taking the mozilla.org distribution and not changing anything, you need to add the notice to say where people can get a copy.
- Get Marcia to do index page?
- Due by the weekend
- Mitchell's deadline: next Wednesday.
- Asa to circulate the individual pages to staff.
Got a response? TalkBack!