Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Wednesday 26th February 2003
by GERVASE MARKHAM |
Present: Dan, Asa, Chris, Myk, Seth, Brendan, Marcia, Leaf, Mitchell, Gerv, Scott.
- There is no new news.
- Still waiting for name clearance. <sigh>
- In the mean time, they are landing on the trunk.
- The buglist is being added to (we didn't expect this) so is only shrinking by about a bug a day.
- We need to keep testing resource up on the branch, to avoid another 1.2.1.
- Should we do a pre-release of some sort?
- 1.4 release is important to a lot of people.
- We need to exercise tighter tree control earlier.
- We need to educate people that big changes should go into alpha.
- Lay down the law.
- Get contributors not to front-load features and fun stuff, but to fix blockers early.
- drivers need to communicate that they will back people out if the land big stuff late.
- Brendan has a draft, and is going to polish it up.
Adding Marcia to staff page
- Also stalled on name change.
- Contributors, e.g. pch are doing good work in the code.
- Marcia to become an associate (long overdue).
- She has CVS permissions to make the change to the page herself.
Mail about porting fixes to 1.0 branch
- cls and dmose are ready to land this.
- Great idea; no other comments.
Reorganisation of the front page navigation
- Set the mozilla1.0? flag in the bug, and drivers will evaluate them for any further release.
- Asa to reply.
Helpwanted: Find someone to change the Perl scripts to make the website not rebuild the world every hour. This will give us much quicker update time.
- Asa has a prototype.
- Seth to remove the Newsbot link.
- We should replace it with a link to the nearly-finished MozillaU pages. "Why use Mozilla", "Why Embed Mozilla".
Got a response? TalkBack!