Minutes of the mozilla.org Staff Meeting of Wednesday 19th February 2003
by GERVASE MARKHAM |
Present: Brendan, Myk, Marcia, Leaf, Asa, Mitchell, Seth, Gerv, Scott, Chris.
Plan for 1.4/1.5
- Beta delayed a couple of weeks; branching will be delayed about one week.
- This is usual.
- 20-30 blockers left. That list is unlikely to grow. Need to get a handle on these.
- Stay on the trunk vs. branch — contention.
- Don't want to repeat the mistakes of 1.2, with a long branch and not very much testing.
- After branch, big ticket items hitting trunk: e.g. Chimera.
- Haven't heard a date from the calendar folks.
- Have heard back from a dozen module owners and peers with their plans for 1.4 and 1.5.
- Drivers will be working to coordinate how this fits into the roadmap.
- 1.4 is short-ish — customers making releases.
- 1.5 is stuff we want for the "year after 1.0" timeframe.
- Brendan to write a new roadmap
- Need to keep doing milestones, and make big changes incrementally, rather than disassemble the world
- Accommodate the big stuff, and plan around it, but we can't stop shipping
- We have to stop taking big changes just before beta, and make more of a difference between alpha and beta.
jkeiser's offered tinderbox3 and mozilla_tools for CVS
- "Camino" winding its way through trademark review. Hoping to have an answer within the next few days.
- That's the only release blocker.
Talkback data request for research
- Discussed jkeiser's interest in having mozilla.org host another tinderbox rewrite and additional developer tools.
- Asa to talk with mcafee and others about mozilla.org's tinderbox needs.
- Gerv to mail the current module owner, as a courtesy, and tell him we are thinking about hosting tb3.
- We are OK with him having the data if Shiva removes the personal stuff and there is no privacy issue.
- Pass the issue to Shiva.
- Asa has a simple one done by Kerz — just the plain name "Mozilla" in Revolution font on a plain background. No trademark issues.
- Asa to send it to Gerv, to arrange for checkin.
Got a response? TalkBack!