Independent Status Reports
Note: If anyone has an update that they would like included in the next report, feel free to email me.
BrowserG! Update (A powerful java
web system that enhances Mozilla)
by Jeet Shahani
BrowserG! 1.01 for Window and Linux is released.
We have recieved a lot of useful input for the last BrowserG! release. Some of the new functionality added in BrowserG! beta 1.01 is:
- No more banner ads.
- Added Drag and Drop functionality to be able to add links to a Palm repository. The Palm repositroy will interface with Plucker to move web pages offline to various Palm(tm) PDA's.
- Added Splash Screen on start up.
- More user friendly BrowserG! Bar
Amoeba Update (Role Playing Game
editor and game project)
by Andrew Wooldridge
I'm continuing work on Amoeba - with some minor updates this week and hopefully an installable version by the end of the month.
Mozdev Update (Mozilla project
We've been making some changes to the mozdev wrapper code to make the site more standards compliant and to start the transition away from a table-based layout to a CSS-based layout. These changes may interfere with the layout of specific project pages, so if you notice anything weird with a project on the site take a look at what was changed for more information.
Mycroft Update (Adding search
engines to the search tab of the sidebar)
by Ricky Iseli
Bringing a project back to life is not a small task. However thanks to jesus_x's post on MozillaNews, the previous Status Report posted on MozillaZine and the Mozilla 0.9.8 Release Notes made the name change public and already drove some traffic to the new site. If you haven't seen it yet, please drop by and see how easy it is to help.
- 40% of the current plugins have been checked. It's no surprize that after more than one year of inactivity, websites have redesigned or changed the URL of their search engine. Only one out of seven still work.
- Find contributors
- Find maintainers (country/language based, category based)
- Check all the plugins and fix them if they are broken (the remaining 60%).
- Get in touch with all creators of the plugins to have their own plugins checked now and then and update them.
- Add submitted plugins which have arrived in the meantime
- Create an interactive interface for directly submitting the plugins, see mozdev bug 174
- A number of already existing search plugins don't work any more. Checking all the plugins and correcting them is a lot of work. So if you want to see things moving, please get in touch with me and we'll find something you can do. there are some very easy tasks anyone can do, without any technical knowledge.
Got a response? TalkBack!